Jashn-e-Rekhta is a three-day festival celebrated annually in Delhi under the aegis of the Rekhta Foundation, a not-for-profit organization devoted wholeheartedly to the preservation and promotion of the Urdu language, its literature and culture.
Within the last four years, Jashn-e-Rekhta has left behind the trappings of a festival to emerge as an excellent celebration of Urdu, its rich heritage and eclectic art forms. The event includes splendid musical performances of ghazals and qawwalis by renowned artistes. Additional activities include dastangoi renditions, panel discussions, poetry recitations and enriching conversations with celebrities. Items decorated with calligraphy and other goods are also available and visitors can enjoy a variety of local as well as Middle Eastern cuisine at the food stalls.
The festival has been graced by doyens of Urdu poetry and literature and also by people of eminence from the film, music and television industry. Owing to its uniqueness, Jashn-e-Rekhta has become one of the most popular literary and cultural events of our country.
The 5th edition of the festival will be held at Major Dhyan Chand National Stadium in New Delhi on December 14–16, 2018 (Fri-Sun).
GOPI CHAND NARANG
MAIN SHAYAR BADNAAM
SHAMSUR RAHMAN FARUQI
SHRI SHRADDHA RAMLILA
USTAD IQBAL AHMED KHAN
Mushaira is a mehfill of Urdu poets where they recite and perform their best works of poetry.
Dastangoi is an oral art form of Urdu storytelling; it narrates tales of love, magic and war.
Qawwali is a performative song with spiritual and devotional elements, often leaving the audiences in an enchanted spell.
Sufi Music is a genre of spiritual singing; it resonates with the works of Sufi poets like Rumi.
Dramas and plays
Plays based on notable Urdu figures like Ghalib, Dara Shikoh organised every year by various Delhi-based repertories.
'Aiwan-e-Zaiqa' offers Asian cuisines like Kashmiri, Awadhi, Bihari, Turkish and many more delicacies for the food lovers to relish.
Rekhta Bazaar showcases a range of cultural artefacts, quirky merchandise for shopping junkies.
Ghazal Sarayi is an art form celebrating the theme of love and life through musical renditions of famous ghazals.
Celebrities from different fraternities converge and take part in discussions, audience interactions, conversations around Urdu language, literature and culture.
Thank you for registering for Jashn-e-Rekhta 5th Edition. You would be receiving the unique confirmation codes soon via e-mail and SMS for each e-mail address and mobile number provided. Register More
Rekhta Foundation is a non-profit organisation and all donation funds go towards festival related costs and in promoting the foundation objectives. Your suport wil help us ensure that the festival continues to remains free and enable everyone to partake in the richness of Hindustani culture.donate now
Things to remember
1. Please show the confirmation code received on SMS or EMAIL, at the registration desk, for entry into the festival venue. E-mail confirmation may be shown in print or on your phone.
2. Each registration is valid for one person only.
3. In case you are unable to show your confirmation code(s), you will be required to re-register at the venue.
Terms & conditions
- Registration is mandatory for a person above age of 12 yrs. You may register online or on spot at the Jashn venue.
- Children below the age of 12 yrs are allowed without registration but need to be accompanied by parents or guardians.
- Those who register online need to show registration confirmation code sent via SMS or WhatsApp or EMAIL at the registration counter for the entry to the Jashn.
- Each registration is valid for one person only and is non-transferable, unless specified otherwise.
- The Jashn access badge must be collected from the registration counter upon arrival at the Jashn by showing the registration code. Please carry valid photo ID for verification along with your code.
- An access badge enables entry to the Jashn. Seating at session venues is on a first-come basis.
- Depending on the number of people at the venue and its capacity or for any security reasons, the Jashn will at its discretion without prior intimation open or close all registrations for on the spot registrants.
- No person shall have unrestricted access to all areas of the venue.
- For security reasons, organizers reserve the right to admission and to perform security checks on invitees/members of the audience at the entry point. Persons suspected of carrying items that may be used in an offensive or dangerous manner, or carrying out illegal activities within the site may be searched.
- You shall be responsible for your belongings.
- You are expected to behave in a dignified and orderly fashion.
- You may be filmed or photographed by our official photographers during your visit to the Jashn. The footage and/or images may or may not be used in future promotional release(s). By registering, you understand this and grant us permission to use your footage or image in said releases.
- Consumption and sale of illegal substances, alcohol, tobacco products, and narcotic substances is strictly prohibited on the Jashn premises.
- You are not allowed to carry weapons, arms, hazardous substances on the Jashn premises.
- You shall be liable for payment of damages caused by you to the Jashn property.
- No one is allowed to defame abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others.
- No one is allowed to publish, post, upload, distribute or disseminate any inappropriate, profane, defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent or unlawful topic, name, material or information.
- In cases of disputes, the decision of the patron is final and binding. The jurisdiction for all legal matters will be New Delhi.
- Parking at designated parking area or at or near the Jashn premises is at the risk of the vehicle owner. Organizer will not hold responsibility for any damage or theft of any vehicles within the stipulated parking premises of the Jashn.
- Organizers are not responsible for any negative effects of food items or drinks consumed in the venue by Jashn guests or for the goods and wares sold by various exhibitors
- First aid/medical facilities will be provided, however, the organizers do not take any responsibility for any problems arising.
- The Jashn reserves the right to change the program at any time. Every effort will be made to ensure a program of equivalent standard.
- These Terms and Conditions are liable to be changed at any time at the sole discretion of the organizers.
The world’s largest online resource for Urdu poetry, Rekhta is leading Urdu’s renaissance in the 21st century, through various Projects and Events. Jashn-e-Rekhta (JER) is a ‘Language Kumbh’ that celebrates the spirit of Hindustani language, literature and culture across its recorded past, lived present and emerging fullness. This 3-day festival has grown to become one of the world’s largest literary & cultural events since its debut in 2015, and is free and accessible to all. Since Rekhta Foundation does not engage in for-profit activities, your support will help us ensure that the festival continues to remain free and take the grandeur of Hindustani culture to the masses. We request you to partake in the Jashn with us and donate heartily.
major dhyan chand national stadium
india gate, new delhi - 110002how to get there